Saturday, August 28, 2010

John's goodbye

On August 25 John returned to the Philippines with the rest of the children and their chaperones.  I came to really liking John and his chaperones.  It feels like a small part of me is gone now.  
The days are quieter without all the fuss of the kids tattling on one another and the constant movement and noise.  The dogs are quieter now too.  Life is going on as we wonder, did John like us.  Did he enjoy his time here?  Did he start feeling the same as I did, or is he just a kid who was having the time of this life?

The airport was a very emotional time for me and others when the children left.  When John went to the restroom, he told Boyd, "Mom is crying".   That was his only statement.  I gave him a big hug and told him I would miss him.  Here are pics from the airport farewell.


This last picture is the last we saw of John.   He was heading to the security gate....

No comments:

Post a Comment